What a doula is?
The word "doula" comes from the ancient Greek meaning "a woman who serves" the whole family for personalized according to the needs of each woman, according to your wishes and situation. In any case interfere with the diagnosis criteria and medical or healthcare action. Its function focuses on the welfare of the mother and baby.
Studies have shown that when doulas attend birth, labors are shorter with fewer complications, babies are healthier and they breastfeed more easily..
One of the objectives of the doula is a woman to be erected accompanying starring in her motherhood, giving you all the confidence you need.
Studies have shown that is not medical personnel and therefore has made no attempt in this direction. Neither replaces the familiar accompaniment (Spouse or other family members).
Why be accompanied?
- We often live away from the family so that they can not give us the support we need.
- The doula creates a bond of continuityEstablishes a relationship of trust, complicity and intimacy from woman to woman, giving security to the mother. Indeed, today in Spain ...
- It is rare that mom knows the midwife attend your birth
- It is rare that the midwife is present throughout labor
- If the mother takes a gynecologist are unlikely to be present before the last stage of labor
- In the postpartum mom sees many highly qualified professionals, but she does not know
- The postpartum is a critical time in the life of a woman. Fatigue, hormones, insecurities and physical recovery leads to new mother to a state of fragility.
- Having a wife to support us (a doula, for example) is positive for the live birth of our baby in a fluid form.